If you’ve got some big sports fans in your house and are looking to make some easy tennis cakes, we’ve got the perfect Wimbledon cupcakes you can make. With bright green tennis balls nestled in a bed of green buttercream, they look great.
Whether it’s a birthday or a party to watch a great tennis match, we love to make sports cupcakes to suit any occasion. They’re easy to make and taste delicious.
- Make cupcakes using our basic cupcake recipe.
- Make royal icing using our royal icing recipe
- Take 3/4 of the icing you’ve made and colour with lemon and lime rainbow dust powders.
- Put into semi-circle moulds and freeze until the royal icing has hardened.
- Thin down the remainder of the royal icing with a little water.
- Take the moulds out of the freezer.
- Put the white icing into a piping bag, cut a small hole in the end and draw two white lines over the royal icing balls.
- Create our buttercream using our basic buttercream recipe.
- Pipe the buttercream on the cakes using a large star nozzle.
- Place the tennis balls on top and enjoy!